We are very excited to announce the success of our first ever SHURUAAT! Gala as the official philanthropy partner of the International Indian Film academy Awards. Guests and sponsors joined us for a night of fun, entertainment and social impact at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York.
We’d like to offer our most sincere gratitude to our sponsors: the Triton Solar, Taj Hotel Resorts and Palaces. We’d also like to thank our partners, all of whom were vital to the development of this event: Nannette de Gaspé, Vedanta Limited, FJC- A Foundation of Philanthropic Funds, Junior Achievement and Georgetown University, without whom the event could not have been the meaningful and deeply resonant evening that it was.
We would also like to thank the guests who spoke at and attended the event. The variety of experiences they shared and brought to the event allowed us to achieve the gala we had envisioned, a true collaboration between the worlds of social entrepreneurship, and media and entertainment. Some of the speakers we would like to thank include:
- A.R. Rahman: Composer, singer, song-writer, music producer and philanthropist
- Mr Yuri Afanasiev: UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative in India.
- Ms Radhika Batra: Chief of Staff, United Nations Resident Coordinator’s Office, India.
- Mr Justin Leites: President, Amplify Games
- Ms Rebecca Winthrop: Director,Center for Universal Education at The Brookings Institution.
- Mr Sabbas Joseph: Founder – Director, Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr Ramanathan Ramanan: Mission Director, Atal Innovation Mission, Niti Aayog.
- Mr Anupam Kher: Actor
- Jackky Bhagnani: Actor
- Benny Dayal and Neeti Mohan: Indian pop singers
- Swami Chiddhanand Saraswati: President and Spiritual Head, Parmarth Niketa Ashram
- Kartik Sawhney: Leaders Forum Member
- Robert Wilson-Black: CEO of Sojourners
- Rabbi Avraham berkowitz: Senior Advisor for Global Impact, Synthetic Neurobiology Group, MIT Media Lab
- Himanshu Patel: CEO and Founder of Triton Solar
- Patrick Tulley: Partner and Chair of Kohrman Jackson & Krantz LLP
- Adam Morgan: Director, Global Communications, McDermott Inc
It was an evening to remember, and we are inspired by our guests’ generous and enthusiastic support for global education innovation. We hope to see you there next time!